News & AlertsStay up to date with what's going on in the foodservice industry. Search out news that matters to you using the filterable content below.
Apr 26, 2018
ProStart Program Coordinator
Does working with educators and helping students find a passion for a food-related career excite you? Do you enjoy working in a fun, dynamic and team-oriented environment? Then this unique opportunity could be the perfect fit for you. The Wisconsin Restaurant Association Education Foundation is seeking a full-time ProStart Program Coordinator to lead and implement Wisconsin's ProStart® program. The ProStart curriculum introduces students to careers in the foodservice industry and provides industry-created training in culinary arts and management.
Primary duties will include:
- Maintain strong working relationships with and serve as principal liaison with Wisconsin high schools, teachers and students, promoting the program and providing support as needed.
- Oversee growth of the ProStart program, including outreach to non-ProStart schools and adult workforce training centers.
- Collaborate with the National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation on various programs including Certificate of Achievement, Educator Excellence award, student competitions, scholarships and post-secondary articulation agreements.
- Identify and recruit industry mentors and speakers for ProStart schools.
- Facilitate ProStart Advisory Subcommittee, preparing agenda, materials and minutes.
- Ensure program standards and policies are maintained, including data collection requirements.
- Event Coordination
- Lead and manage events including Wisconsin's ProStart Invitational, National ProStart Invitational trip, the ProStart Industry and Career Expo and the ProStart Teacher Training Workshop.
- Organize event details such as location, catering, equipment, speakers, registration, presentation and promotional materials.
- Assist with event budgeting, including handling check requests, invoicing and reporting.
- Solicit, organize and coordinate event volunteers.
- Fundraising and Revenue Generation
- Secure event and program sponsors, as well as in-kind donations.
- Identify and solicit additional funding sources, including grant opportunities.
- Marketing and Communications
- Promote ProStart in meetings and presentations with WRA members, educators and adult workforce groups.
- Assist in the development of the ProStart strategic plan, identifying goals and strategies to grow and improve the program.
- Write and edit communications, including emails, newsletters, brochures, reports and promotional pieces.
- Lead Wisconsin ProStart social media efforts on Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn.
- Assist in developing earned media opportunities to promote the ProStart program.
- Initiate and lead ProStart alumni outreach efforts, including securing testimonials.
- Other duties as assigned.